- 1 recipe pierogie dough, recipe follows
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces black truffle butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 pound cleaned and diced lobster meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons of chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roll dough to 1/8-inch thick. Cut dough into 2-inch circles. Wrap and set aside. Boil potatoes in salted water until tender and drain. Place through ricer and fold in truffle butter and chives. Fold in lobster meat. Check seasoning.
Place flour in bowl and form a well. Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand. Form in a ball, wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
To assemble: Place a heaping teaspoon of the lobster mixture on half of each circle of dough. Fold the circles in half to make half moon shapes and crimp the edges to seal. Boil the pierogies in water until they float, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Saute until golden brown in butter.
Copyright 2000, Michael Symon, All Rights Reserved