- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup day old bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Serving suggestion: Crusty bread
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Brush a casserole dish with olive oil. Slice tomatoes evenly 1/8-inch thick and place 1 layer in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with half of herbs and all of feta. Do another layer of tomatoes and repeat process with herbs and salt. Top with bread crumbs and paprika, and cook in the oven for 40 minutes. Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Symon