- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, large diced
- 1 yellow pepper, large diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
Heat an 8-quart saucepan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, and sweat for 2 minutes. Add the peppers and saute for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and zucchini, and cook down for 10 more minutes. Add the vinegar and simmer for 2 more minutes. Check seasonings and remove from heat. Add the basil and serve.
2008, Michael Symon, All Rights Reserved.