Middle Eastern Lemonade
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (6 to 8 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons orange flower water
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- Lemon vodka, for serving, optional
Muddle the sugar and mint in the bottom of a pitcher. Stir in the lemon juice, 4 cups cold water and the orange flower water until the sugar is dissolved. Add the orange slices, cover and refrigerate until very cold, about 2 hours. Serve over ice.
For a cocktail version, add a shot of lemon vodka to each glass.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay