Mini Pork Cheeseburgers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 10 small rolls, halved lengthwise
- 10 slices chipotle gouda or pepper jack cheese
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions; cook until soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Raise the heat to medium-high and continue cooking, stirring, until uniformly brown, 5 to 10 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat; grill the patties until medium-rare, about 4 minutes per side. Place a cheese slice on the bottom half of each roll; top with a burger, some caramelized onions and the roll top.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
Recipe courtesy of HoDo Restaurant, Fargo, ND for Food Network Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Serena Palumbo