Chicken with Chorizo and Cannellini
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 free-range chicken supreme (or skinless breast)
- Approximately 4 1/2-ounces trimmed kale (a generous 1/2 cup)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced then chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- Smoked sweet paprika, for garnish
In a saucepan, bring the stock to a gentle boil, lower in the chicken and cook, still gently, for 10 minutes or until all trace of pink has disappeared. Pierce with the point of a knife to check.
Meanwhile, cook the kale, which you've roughly torn into pieces, in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes (if it's tough) and drain. Then heat the oil in a frying pan, throw in the chopped chorizo, add the drained cannellini and, stirring, warm everything through, moistening with a couple of tablespoons or so of the chicken stock - or more if you want this soupier.
Tip the beans and chorizo into a shallow bowl or lipped plate, roughly arrange the kale on top (drizzling with a little extra-virgin olive oil if you like) and then lift the cooked chicken out of the stock with a spatula and sit this on top of the kale. Sprinkle the pale chicken breast with the paprika and gaze at your Spanish still life of a supper before eating it.
Recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson