- 1 pound 8 1/2 ounces (750 grams) Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 9 ounces (250 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 12 fluid ounces (350 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 7 ounces (200 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
Slice the apples into halves. Slice the halves lengthways into smaller pieces, roughly 1/4-inch width. Place the apple pieces and finely chopped onion into a saucepan with all the other ingredients. Heat the mixture until it is simmering quickly. Cook the mixture for 45 minutes, or until the chutney has thickened slightly and the fruit has become soft.
Spoon the mixture into sterilized jars and screw the lids onto the jars tightly. Allow to cool before storing in a cool, dark place.