Mortadella Pasta Salad
Recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson, 2007
I have a certain amount of ambivalance about pasta salads, but I find that my emotional seesaw tips ever more in favor of them. The truth[ is, I used to be scathing. But finding them so popular with my children makes me see their virtue. This one is a favourite at home, though none of my finickity lot want the green bits; if you suffer the same irritations and constraints, take out the parsley and leave it for adults to sprinkle optionally.]
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt, kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mild German mustard, or similar
- 1 thick slice mortadella, (about 5 ounces) diced into 1/4-inch squares to give 1 cup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped curly parsley leaves, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pat of water to boil, add salt to taste, then cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt and mustard to make the dressing.
Drain the cooked pasta and tip it into a large bowl, pour over the dressing and toss well to coat.
When cool stir in the mortadella pieces, chopped parsley, if using, and Parmesan. Check the seasoning adding salt and pepper as required.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.