- 2 1/2 pounds fresh steamed spinach, drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 dozen fresh raw oysters
- 6 large slices ripe red tomato, quartered
- 6 large slices provolone cheese, quartered
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine the spinach, onion, Parmesan, cayenne pepper, black pepper, white wine and melted butter. Shuck oysters and leave them on the half shell. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the spinach mixture and arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top then with a slice of tomato and cheese. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts.
Transfer the oysters to a serving platter and serve with a wedge of lemon and a good hot sauce. Enjoy!
Cook's Note: The hardest part of this recipe is to find fresh oysters and shuck them.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.