Pasta a la Mama
- 1/4 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium sweet onions, cut into medium dice
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Serving suggestion: loaf of Italian bread with butter
In a large nonstick, deep-sided saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until just starting to get soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir well. Cover and lower the heat, letting the cauliflower steam until almost fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the cover; raise the heat to medium to evaporate most of the cooking liquid. Add a splash more olive oil and the garlic and brown over medium-high heat until the cauliflower is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta and toss together to combine.
Add the bread crumbs and cheese and stir well to coat, slightly browning the crumbs, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more cheese, if desired. Serve with crusty Italian bread and butter.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.