Angel Food Cake and Berry Trifle
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced, plus a few whole, for garnish
- One 6-ounce container blueberries
- One 6-ounce container raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Juice 1/2 orange
- 4 cups low-fat 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- One 17-ounce store-bought angel food cake
Add the berries to a bowl along with the sugar and orange juice. Let sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes, until juicy.
Meanwhile, add the yogurt and honey to a bowl. Stir with a spoon to mix in the honey and smooth out so the mixture will be more spreadable.
Cut the angel food cake into large chunks using a serrated knife, and add about one-third of the cake to the bottom of a medium trifle dish. Add a layer of the syrupy berries and then a layer of yogurt, reserving a few spoonfuls of yogurt for the end. Repeat the layers until you have no more remaining ingredients. Finish the top with the few spoonfuls of yogurt in the center and the fresh, whole strawberries.
Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys