Bourbon Bread Pudding
Recipe courtesy of Patrick and Gina Neely
Recipe courtesy The Neelys' Celebration Cookbook: Down-Home Meals for Every Occasion, by Pat Neely, Gina Neely and Ann Volkwein
Here we go back to New Orleans again, with Bourbon Street flair. Southern bourbon-soaked brioche bread makes a hearty Creole-style dessert[. SERVES 10]
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing
- 10 cups cubed brioche bread (from a 1-pound loaf)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Butter a 13 by 9-inch baking dish, and put the cubed brioche in it. Sprinkle with the pecans.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Once it is ready, put the dish in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until puffy and set. Remove, and let stand 10 minutes before serving. This is absolutely lovely when served with some fresh whipped cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.