- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for dish
- 1 small onion, minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar, plus extra for top
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a large casserole dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.
Add the cheese, rice, parsley, thyme, basil and spinach mixture and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with extra shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes and serve piping hot.