Grilled Banana Split
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 firm bananas, split in 1/2, lengthwise, in their peels
- Store-bought strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup store-bought candied pecans, for topping
- Fresh Whipped Cream, for topping
- Store-bought hot fudge sauce, for topping
- Maraschino cherries, for topping
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the bananas with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Put them, cut side down, on the grill and cook until grill marks appear, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and cook until the peel just starts to pull away from the banana. Remove the bananas from the grill and peel. Add 2 banana halves to each banana split dish. Top with strawberry ice cream, candied pecans, whipped cream and hot fudge sauce. Put a cherry on top and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Danny Boome