Grilled BBQ Pizza
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and sliced in 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Store-bought pizza dough, divided into 4 pieces
- Flour, for rolling
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (recommended: Neelys BBQ Sauce)
- 2 cups cooked pulled pork, optional
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Click here to see how they do it.
Place a large saute pan with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste. Saute until vegetables are softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
On a floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a 6-inch circle. Brush both sides of dough with oil and place directly onto grill. Close grill top for 1 to 2 minutes, then flip and cook the other side. Remove from the grill.
Brush BBQ sauce evenly over each pizza. Place sauteed vegetables and pork on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and place back onto the grill. Close the lid for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.