Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon sticks, for stirring
Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the milk is hot and steaming, stir in the chopped chocolate and sugar and stir until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla and cayenne, making sure the hot chocolate is smooth.
Ladle into mugs and use a cinnamon stick to stir.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys