- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 habanero chile, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing grill grates
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts484890
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blend all of the marinade ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
Put the chicken in a 13 by 9-inch casserole dish and season it with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover the chicken with the jerk marinade and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the flavors to meld. If you have the time, letting the chicken marinate overnight is best.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grates to keep the chicken and marinade from sticking. Remove the chicken from the marinade letting the excess drip off and arrange them on the grill. Cover the grill, and grill until the chicken is fully cooked and the jerk marinade has blackened and caramelized in spots, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve.