Spice-Rubbed Grill Pork Chops
- Olive oil, for brushing grill grates
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- Fresh pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rice, for serving
Heat a grill to medium-high heat and brush the grill grates with olive oil.
Whisk together 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and allspice in a small bowl. Sprinkle the pork chops with the rub. Grill the pork chops on each side 6 to 7 minutes, for a total of 12 to 14 minutes. Remove the chops to a plate and tent with foil.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Once the butter starts to foam, add the shallot and saute until tender. Add the flour and stir until pasty. Stir in the pomegranate juice, beef stock, red wine vinegar and raspberry preserves. Bring to a simmer while stirring. The sauce will thicken when it begins to simmer. Taste and then season with salt and pepper.
Serve the pork chops over the rice with sauce ladled over top. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys