Spinach Salad with Cranberries, Pecans, Bacon, and Blue Cheese
- 1/2 pound hickory smoked bacon slices, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) containers baby spinach
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Fry chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined 1/4-sheet tray to drain.
Toast pecans in the oven on a 1/4-sheet tray until lightly golden and fragrant, about 6 minutes.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray