For the salad:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 pound hickory-smoked bacon, roughly chopped
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Danish blue cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden and fragrant, 6 minutes; roughly chop.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat on one side and medium heat on the other. Lightly brush the peaches with oil and grill over medium until nicely marked, about 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, place a flat cast-iron skillet on the grill over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
Photography by Miki Duisterhof