- 1 cup extra-virgin or virgin olive oil
- 10 large cloves fresh garlic, room temperature, peeled, chopped, and sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, peeled, very finely minced
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, preferable bitter orange
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 country-style ribs, boneless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For Mojo sauce:
In skillet over medium-high heat, add about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once heated, add the garlic and onion, cook until pale golden brown; 2 to 3 minutes only, stirring constantly.
Stir in the citrus juices, 2/3 cup water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and all dry ingredients. Bring sauce mixture to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Add enough oil to a hot large skillet to just cover. Add ribs and sear, about 3 minutes each side. Remove to a large shallow roasting pan.
Add Mojo sauce over the country style ribs and turn to cover. Seal tightly with foil and roast for 3 hours. Marinate each hour with Mojo sauce. Take foil off for the last 30 minutes of cooking, or until tender.