Prickly Pear Sangria
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not[ tested this recipe in the proportions indicated, and, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.]
- 1 (750ml) bottle Zinfandel
- 1 (750ml) bottle Merlot
- 1 (750ml) bottle Cabernet
- 1 (750ml) bottle Beaujolais
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 quarts orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 quart prickly pear cactus nectar
- Vanilla beans
- Cinnamon sticks
- Fresh fruit thinly sliced - Apples (red, green), oranges, melons, star fruit, lemons, limes, and strawberries
Blend wine, brandy, tequila, orange juice, lemon juice, pear cactus nectar, vanilla beans and cinnamon sticks. Add sugar, to taste. You may also add club soda, to taste, if you enjoy a more balanced body.
Thoroughly chill all ingredients and combine with a melange of fresh fruit thinly sliced. Best if you let sit for 48 hours.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.