A Burger for Rachael
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, divided
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup pitted black or green olives
- 4 slices sharp provolone or thinly sliced smoked mozzarella
- 4 crusty rolls, such as sesame Keiser rolls, split
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 10 to 12 basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
Cut 10 wedges from each potato and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle a couple tablespoons of oil over the potatoes to coat them lightly then season with rosemary, salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. Throw a couple of cloves of cracked garlic on the sheet with potatoes. Roast 25 minutes, turning once.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place ground meats in a bowl and add a 2 to 3 cloves of grated garlic, grill seasoning fennel seed, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce. Mix the burgers and form 4 patties. Make patties thinner in the center - burgers bulge as they cook. Cook burgers 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
While burgers cook, sliced cheese and tomatoes, onions and basil and reserve.
Melt cheese on burgers.
Place burgers on buns and top with tomato, basil, red onions and slather the bun tops with some olive tapenade and serve with oven fries.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.