Absolutely Fabulous Frise-Easy Salad
- 8 ounce goat cheese log, rolled in herbs
- 6 to 7 cups frisee lettuce, 3 bundles, trimmed
- 1/4 European or seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped or snipped chives
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts or sliced almonds
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 lemon, juiced, about 2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Cut goat cheese into 4 equal portions and reserve.
Divide the frisee among 4 plates. Scatter the cucumber, chives, tomatoes, nuts, onions and tarragon equally among the portions of lettuce. Crumble a 2-ounce portion of cheese over each salad.
Place shallot in a small bowl with vinegar and lemon juice. Let vinegar stand 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil in a slow stream. Drizzle dressing over each salad, then season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray