Baby Lamb Chops with Parsley and Mint Pesto Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, 3 handfuls
- 1/4 cup, 6 to 8 sprigs, fresh mint
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (2-ounce package) sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 racks baby lamb (have the butcher cut into chops)
Preheat grill pan or large heavy skillet over medium high to high heat.
In a food processor, combine parsley, mint, garlic, almonds, cumin, coriander and pulse until mixture is finely chopped. Add a little salt and pepper and vinegar to the processor and turn it back on. Stream in extra-virgin olive oil until a sauce forms. Stop processor, taste and adjust seasonings. Transfer to a small bowl using a rubber spatula.
Drizzle chops with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare to medium well doneness. Arrange chops around the dipping sauce and serve.
Baby Lamb Chops with Rosemary Parmesan Crust and Barolo Syrup with Scalloped Potatoes and Haricots Verts
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse