Baby Lamb Chops with Parsley and Mint Pesto Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, 3 handfuls
- 1/4 cup, 6 to 8 sprigs, fresh mint
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 cup (2-ounce package) sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 racks baby lamb (have the butcher cut into chops)
Preheat grill pan or large heavy skillet over medium high to high heat.
In a food processor, combine parsley, mint, garlic, almonds, cumin, coriander and pulse until mixture is finely chopped. Add a little salt and pepper and vinegar to the processor and turn it back on. Stream in extra-virgin olive oil until a sauce forms. Stop processor, taste and adjust seasonings. Transfer to a small bowl using a rubber spatula.
Drizzle chops with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare to medium well doneness. Arrange chops around the dipping sauce and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray