- 1 pint/tub bocconcini, small bites fresh mozzarella in water
- 1 slice, 1/4-inch thick slice prosciutto
- 1 pint multi-colored baby or grape tomatoes or red grape tomatoes
- 4 thin scallions, whites and greens, trimmed
- A handful basil leaves, thinly sliced
- A handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices peasant bread
Halve the cheese bites and add to a serving bowl. Finely dice the ham, then halve the tomatoes and add to bowl with the cheese. Thinly slice the scallions and herbs, add to the bowl and dress salad with a liberal dose of olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Char the bread in a hot oven or under the broiler and serve with the salad for topping.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.