Cajun Pork Burgers
- 3/4 pound andouille, removed from casing
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion (boiling onion), finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped, about 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce, several drops
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Special Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup (3 well-rounded tablespoons) mayonnaise or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (3 well-rounded tablespoons) prepared sweet red pepper relish
- Toppings: Bibb lettuce or hearts of romaine, sliced vine ripe tomato, and 5 crusty rolls
- Serving suggestion: Red Bean Salad, Cajun Oven Fries, recipes follow
Cut sausage into large chunks and place in a food processor. Grind sausage into crumbles. Combine ground sausage with pork, vegetables, garlic, thyme, hot sauce and a little salt and pepper. Form mixture into patties and cook 7 minutes on each side on an indoor electric grill preheated to high. To cook in a skillet, heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook burgers 6 to 7 minutes on each side. For outdoor grill, cook patties 6-inches from hot coals or over medium high gas heat 6 minutes on each side, covered.
Mix chili sauce, mayonnaise, and sweet relish in a small bowl. Serve burgers on crusty rolls with special sauce, lettuce, and tomato. Serve with red bean salad and Cajun oven fries.
P.S. Don't forget a cold beer for Pop!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.