- 16 bamboo skewers
- 3 lemons
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 chicken tenders, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 cups Greek style yogurt
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Soak skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Combine the zest and juice of 2 lemons, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in a dish. Paste the garlic by mashing it with coarse salt then add 3/4 of it to the marinade, reserving some for dipping sauce. Add chicken tenders to the marinade and season with salt and pepper, turn in marinade to coat, let stand 10 minutes. Thread tenders on damp skewers and cook 7 to 8 minutes, turning once, until firm and juices run clear.
Serve 5 skewers per person with dipping sauce alongside.