- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 4 generous handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fill a tall pot with 2 to 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Add corn ears, cover pot reduce to simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes depending on sweetness of corn and how crisp you like it. Remove and let cool enough to handle. Scrape corn from cobs by running knife along cob and balancing the corn upright on fat end of cob.
In a bowl combine the zest of 1 lime, the juice of 2 limes and the hot sauce. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, and add the spinach, onions, bell pepper and corn. Toss the salad to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2007