Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless cooked chicken, cooled
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Serving suggestion: sandwich bread or salad greens
Cut chicken into small cubes and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Add the cubed chicken and raisins. Season with salt, pepper and more cayenne, if desired. Mix in the cashews right before serving so they stay crunchy. Serve as a sandwich on bread or on a bed of lettuce as a salad.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Something Natural