- 12 bake-off dinner rolls, any brand
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium to large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Seasoning blend by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 rounded tablespoonfuls spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup water
Heat the oven as directed on package of bake-off rolls. Arrange the rolls on a nonstick cookie sheet and sprinkle the rolls with about 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/3 palmfull. Bake rolls until golden and soft and remove.
While rolls cook, heat a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil then melt butter into the oil and add chicken. Crumble and brown meat 3 to 4 minutes then add in the garlic and onions. Add 1 tablespoon smoked paprika and 2 tablespoons of grill seasoning to the chicken. Continue to cook over medium-high heat.
Mix hot sauce, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, mustard in a small bowl then stir into the meat and reduce heat to low. Stir in about 1/2 cup of water to keep the mix loose as it simmers. Simmer gently 10 minutes. Split rolls and scoop chicken into them and serve.