Everything Salmon Burgers with Scallion Sour Cream-Cream Cheese Sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Green leaf lettuce, for topping
- Sliced beefsteak or vine ripe tomato, for topping
- Sliced red onion, for topping
- Crusty kaiser rolls, split and toasted
Preheat outdoor grill if using to medium high. Prepare hot grill with cooking spray. Indoors, use a large skillet rather than a grill pan and preheat with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to medium-high heat.
Place salmon in food processor and pulse to coarse grind meat to form burgers. Transfer fish to a mixing bowl and season with grill seasoning, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and dill. Mix and form 4 patties. Drizzle the burgers with extra-virgin olive oil.
Cook burgers 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4 to 5 minutes on each side for fully cooked fish.
Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce on crusty, toasted buns.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse