- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Green leaf lettuce, for topping
- Sliced beefsteak or vine ripe tomato, for topping
- Sliced red onion, for topping
- Crusty kaiser rolls, split and toasted
Preheat outdoor grill if using to medium high. Prepare hot grill with cooking spray. Indoors, use a large skillet rather than a grill pan and preheat with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to medium-high heat.
Place salmon in food processor and pulse to coarse grind meat to form burgers. Transfer fish to a mixing bowl and season with grill seasoning, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and dill. Mix and form 4 patties. Drizzle the burgers with extra-virgin olive oil.
Cook burgers 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4 to 5 minutes on each side for fully cooked fish.
Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce on crusty, toasted buns.