- 2 pints ripe strawberries
- 4 ripe limes, juiced, plus 1 lime wedged for rimming and garnish
- 8 rounded tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 trays ice cubes
- 8 shots good quality tequila
- Coarse salt, to rim glasses
Reserve 4 strawberries with tops for garnish and split them. Clean, dry, and trim remaining strawberries.
Add all but the reserved strawberries to a blender. To that, add the juice of 1 ripe lime, 2 rounded tablespoons sugar, a splash of orange juice, 1/2 a tray of ice cubes and 2 shots of tequila. Blend on high speed until the drink is icy but smooth.