Green Bean and Potato Salad
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 pound thin green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 2 pounds small Yukon, white, or red skinned potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 to 4 slices smoky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 small red Fresno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 3 tablespoons cider or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and blanch the beans for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider, rinse, drain, and reserve. Add the potatoes to the water and bring back to a boil. Cook the potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes.
When the potatoes are nearly done, add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and crisp for 2 to 3 minutes, and then add the shallots and chile. Cook for 2 more minutes, and then stir in the vinegar, sugar, and stock.
Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot.
Pour the bacon mixture over the potatoes and add the green beans, parsley, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, and stir to combine. Serve warm or cold.
More Recipes and Ideas:
2 Terrific Salad Sides: 3 Bean Salad and Potato Salad with Sweet Red Pepper and Onion, Green Bean Salad, Green Bean and Egg Salad with Goat Cheese Dressing, Gnocchi Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Potato Casserole Recipes, Green Bean Casserole Recipes, Beans and Legumes, Sweet Potato Pie Recipes