Grilled Radicchio Salad
- 2 medium to large heads radicchio
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil, plus additional for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling, about 1 1/2 tablespoons
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Pour a couple of tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil into a small dish. Slice radicchio heads into quarters and remove core. Brush quarter heads with oil on both sides and grill wedges 3 minutes or so on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange wedges of grilled radicchio on a platter. Pile sliced beets at the center of the platter. Sprinkle platter with red onion and drizzle salad with balsamic vinegar and oil. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.