Grilled Spanish-Style Snapper with Tomato and Green Olive Salsa
- 4 (8-ounce) portions red snapper fillet
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 a palmful) cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 a palmful) sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) coriander
- Tomatoes and Green Olive Salsa:
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- A handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped, flat leaf parsley may be substituted
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 12 large green olives, cracked away from pits and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Serving suggestion: Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Sangria
Preheat grill pan or indoor electric grill to medium high heat. Drizzle snapper with extra-virgin olive oil. Combine spices in a small bowl. Rub fish with spice mixture. Cook fish 5 minutes skin side down first. Turn fish and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer.
Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and allow it to marinate until ready to serve.
To serve, plate spiced snapper with a generous serving of salsa. Sangria makes a wonderful beverage for this meal.
Recipes courtesy Rachael Ray