Grilled Spanish-Style Snapper with Tomato and Green Olive Salsa
- 4 (8-ounce) portions red snapper fillet
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 a palmful) cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 a palmful) sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) coriander
- Tomatoes and Green Olive Salsa:
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- A handful cilantro leaves, finely chopped, flat leaf parsley may be substituted
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 12 large green olives, cracked away from pits and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Serving suggestion: Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Sangria
Preheat grill pan or indoor electric grill to medium high heat. Drizzle snapper with extra-virgin olive oil. Combine spices in a small bowl. Rub fish with spice mixture. Cook fish 5 minutes skin side down first. Turn fish and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer.
Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and allow it to marinate until ready to serve.
To serve, plate spiced snapper with a generous serving of salsa. Sangria makes a wonderful beverage for this meal.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Citrus-Poached Snapper with Black Bean Salad, Kevin Nurse's Jerk Red Snapper and Island Salsa, Cajun Snapper and Shrimp over Bacon Cheddar Cheese Grits with Red Pepper Coulis, Snapper, Easy Grilling Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Salmon Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes