- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken breasts and boneless thighs, cut into large chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 20 to 24 dried apricots, chopped
- 5 to 6 sprigs thyme
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons zest and the juice
In a large skillet with high sides, heat the oil, 3 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper liberally. When oil ripples, add chicken and brown it on both sides, 7 to 8 minutes total. Add balsamic vinegar and stir 30 seconds, add stock, apricots and thyme and reduce heat to medium-low to low. Place a lid on the pan and simmer 10 minutes. Take lid off, stir in the parsley, chives, lemon zest and juice and turn off heat. Let stand a couple of minutes, remove the thyme sprigs and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.