- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds kale, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup dry Italian red wine
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with extra-virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot, add mushrooms and cook until dark and tender. Add kale and turn with tongs to wilt. Season the mixture of mushrooms and greens with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add wine and deglaze the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook greens 5 minutes longer then serve.
Serves:4; Calories: 186; Total Fat: 11.5 grams; Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams; Protein: 6 grams; Total carbohydrates: 18 grams; Sugar: 2 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 0 milligrams; Sodium: 189 milligrams