Make-ahead Meal 3 Minute Steak Hoagies with Homemade Steak Sauce
- Make-Ahead Sauce
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 red Holland or Fresno chile pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 large fresh bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed or dry mustard, 1/3 palmful
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup organic ketchup or low-sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy or tamari sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- Minute Sliced Steak
- 1 tablespoon high temperature cooking oil (recommended: canola or peanut oil)
- 1 1/4 pounds flank steak
- 4 hoagie rolls of choice
- 1 big bundle watercress, upland cress or baby arugula
For the make-ahead sauce: In food processor bowl, combine the shallot, chile, garlic, bay leaves, mustard seed, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and peppercorns, process into a smooth paste. Place the flavor paste in a pot and combine with the ketchup, soy, and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook 30 minutes. Cool and refrigerate for make-ahead meal.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F to crisp the bread.
Reheat the sauce over medium-low heat.
Place the flank steak in the freezer 5 minutes or until cold. Remove and shred or cut the cold flank steak against the grain. Throw the bread in the oven to crisp it up. In a skillet, heat the high-temperature oil over high heat until it smokes. Add the meat and toss 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and combine with warm sauce. Cut the rolls open and stuff the hoagies with spicy greens and hot-n-saucy steak.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Love Me Tenderloin Minute-Steaks with Fried Okra, Grilled New York Strip Steak with Fire Roasted Salsa and Grilled Mushrooms and Asparagus, Philly Cheese Steak with Maui Onion and Cheese Whiz, Easy Dinner, Heart Healthy Recipes, Steak Recipes, Low-Calorie Recipes, Easy Side Dish, Healthy Breakfast Recipes