Marinated No-Mystery Meats
- Basic Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, a few sprigs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves, half a palm full
- One recipe will cover:
- 4 to 6 (1-inch) thick beef tournedos (filet steaks), 6 ounces each
- 4 strip steaks, 12 ounces each
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast, 6 to 8 ounces each
- 4 center cut pork loin chops, 8 ounces each, 1 inch thick
- Basic Pan Gravy:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot or onion
- 4 mushrooms, crimini or button, finely chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, a handful
- 1 cup beef, chicken or vegetable stock, found on soup aisle
Combine marinade ingredients in the bottom of a shallow dish. Season meat of choice with salt and pepper and set meat into marinade and turn to coat. Allow meat to hangout 10 minutes.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add marinated meat to the pan and cook 5 or 6 minutes on each side. Remove meat from the pan to a warm platter. Add butter to the skillet, chopped shallot or onion and mushroom bits (optional) then saute for 3 minutes over moderate heat. Add flour to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in stock and reduce for another minute. Pour pan gravy over the meat and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.