Minute Marinated Mushrooms
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/3 palmful
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red Fresno chile pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 pound very small button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Into a food processor add the bay leaves, peppercorns, mustard seeds, garlic, chile, onion, parsley, and thyme and pulse-chop into a paste. Place the vinegar, 1/4 cup water, sugar and salt in a pot and bring to a simmer to dissolve. Then add the paste and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Place the mushrooms in a container and douse with the hot brine; cover and steep 1 minute. Stir and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.