My Version of My Friend Jon's Polish Stir-Fry and Pierogis Pot Stickers with Herbs and Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 package frozen pierogis, potato filled dumplings -- any brand or variety
- 1 1/2 pounds kielbasa, cut in large slices on an angle
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large red onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard or 2 tablespoons prepared spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1/3 palm full
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- A handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
Cover the bottom of a skillet with softened butter. Arrange pierogis in the pan in a single layer. Add 1 cup water to the pan. Cover pan and place over medium high heat. Cook covered 8 minutes, remove lid and cook out any liquid in the pot.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Brown kielbasa and remove from pan. Cover kielbasa with foil to keep warm. Drain fat and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Raise heat to high. Add onion to the pan and saute for a few minutes to soften. Add chopped kale in batches as it wilts into the pan. When kale is wilted, add sauerkraut. Season stir-fry with mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. Return kielbasa to pan. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving platter.
Let the pierogis "stick" and brown in the butter as the liquid evaporates. Remove crisp pierogis from heat to a plate.
Stir together the chopped herbs and sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Serve with pierogis.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Another of My Friend Vicky's Creations: Cauliflower with Red, Green and Black Confetti, My English Friend Maggie's Favorite Simple Supper: Poached Salmon with Dijon Dill Sauce, Cucumber and Dark Bread, New Potatoes with Mint, My Friend Flicker Pie, Baked Ham Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Beef Tenderloin Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Baked Chicken Recipes, Smoked Pork Recipes