Oven Roasted Maple Gorp
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup peeled hazelnuts
- 2 cups whole natural almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, a couple of handfuls
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries, (recommended: Craisins brand) a couple of handfuls
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chocolate and candy coated peanuts (recommended: Peanut M&Ms)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place maple syrup on the stove with cinnamon and vanilla over medium low heat to infuse the flavor. Warm syrup a couple of minutes, remove.
Combine oats, hazelnuts, almonds, raisins, cranberries and seeds in a bowl. Toss with maple syrup and remove the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean. Spread the maple coated mixture out on a cookie sheet and roast 15 minutes. Remove the nuts from oven and transfer to another cold pan, tossing the mix to quick-cool it. Once cool, toss with peanut candy and eat or pack up for a hike!
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray