Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili paste, such as sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup julienned mixed vegetables (carrots, yellow squash, zucchini)
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh, sliced into strips
- 12 medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 pound medium-wide rice noodles, soaked in warm water until softened and drained
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Chopped Romaine lettuce, for garnish
- Mung bean sprouts, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
Heat a large wok over medium-high heat, and add canola oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and let cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the vegetables, chicken, and shrimp, and stir-fry until chicken and shrimp are browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and toss to coat.
Add peanut/spice paste, brown sugar and cider vinegar and toss to distribute. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Spread chopped romaine on a platter. Serve pad Thai on top of lettuce and garnish with mung bean sprouts, lime, cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Salvation Cafe