Potted Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Rosemary
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 ribs celery, chopped with leafy tops
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- About 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 6 small pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry red or white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Crusty bread
In a pot, combine EVOO with the carrots, onion, celery, garlic and lemon zest and juice. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, turn in the vegetables and oil and cover. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
Return to room temp.
Place a pot over medium-high heat and brown the chicken 15 to 20 minutes. Add the wine and reduce for a few minutes. In a small bowl, stir together the tomato paste with 1/4 cup hot water, then add to the sauce along with the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes more to cook through. Cool and store.
Reheat over medium heat. Serve with crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse