- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, rosemary and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the onions until sweet and soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste for 1 minute. Add the stock, then stir in the beans and reduce heat to low. Adjust seasoning and turn out into a serving bowl. Keep warm until ready to serve.