- 4 (1-inch thick) veal chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh sage, leaves stripped and chopped, about 4 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, eyeball it
Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and rub them each with about 1 tablespoon of chopped sage. Rub the sage into meat on both sides of each chop. Add oil to the pan. Melt butter into the oil and add chops to the pan. Cook chops 5 minutes on each side and transfer to warm platter and let them rest. Add wine to the pan and scrape up drippings. Spoon drippings down over the chops and serve.