San Marzano Gazpacho
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 slice good quality white bread, crust removed and torn
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated into a paste
- 2 to 3 small ribs celery, from the heart with leafy tops, chopped
- Small handful flat-leaf fresh parsley leaves
- Few leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 (28-ounce) can Italian San Marzano tomatoes
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Char the bell pepper over an open flame or under the broiler. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. When cool, peel, seed, roughly chop, and add to the food processor. Add the chile peppers, cucumber, bread, onion, garlic, celery, parsley, basil, tomatoes, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Process until fairly smooth. Place in small pitcher and chill along with small shot glasses for serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.