- 3/4 pound green beans - look for trimmed, raw packaged beans in your produce department
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons tamari aged soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Cut green beans into 2-inch pieces on an angle. Place in a skillet. Add water, salt, to taste and cook beans 5 minutes, then drain beans. Place the skillet back on stove and add vegetable oil. Heat pan over high heat until oil smokes. Add the beans and red peppers and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the soy and sesame oil and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.